Before we start with the essentials of SEO basics, did you meet any high-level consulting firm or an individual to understand what SEO resources can be trusted and why it is important for your website? Don´t misunderstand about SEO strategies and tactics before you fully understand what SEOs resources can do for your website. Take a closer look at a few essentials in the below.
- Commit yourself to the process: SEO is not a one-time event. Search engine algorithms change regularly, so the tactics that worked last year may not work today. SEO requires a long-term outlook and commitment. So, keep yourself in the loop of SEO tactics.
- Be patient: SEO isn’t about immediate results. Results often take months to see, and this is especially true the smaller you are, and the newer you are to doing business online.
- Ask a lot of questions when hiring an individual or an SEO company: It’s your job to know what kind of tactics the company uses. Ask if there are any risks involved. Then get online yourself and do your own research—about the company, about the tactics etc.
- Start a blog and participate with other related blogs: Reading and commenting on other blogs will increase your exposure and help you acquire new links. A tip – Put your blog at yourdomain.com/blog so your main domain gets the benefit of any links to your blog posts. If that’s not possible, use blog.yourdomain.com.
- Take advantage of the tools: Sign up for Google Webmaster and read articles about how the search engines see your site.
Let me introduce you more essentials in part 2 before that, try to follow the above points.